Buying, Selling, and Trading

I share this information reluctantly, it feels as if I am sharing my trade secrets! But I hope that I may be able to share with others some things that have helped me to be successful in the buying and selling of guns. I will make multiple installments of this topic.
The first tool of the trade that is the greatest, is the use of forums. Now I am active on quite a few forums, here is a list of forums that I commonly use:
  • longrangehunting
  • predatormasters
  • coueswhitetail
  • shootersforum
  • 24 hourcampfire
  • snipershide
  • rimfirecentral
Now I would highly recommend being involved in these forums for more than their classifieds, because there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from each, and always abide by their rules. Now each forum has its own niche of items that can be found within its classifieds. For example for custom rifles I most commonly use snipershide, shootersforum, and longrangehunting. While on the other hand if I am looking for an accessory I will most often use 24hourcampfire, snipershide, and predatormasters. Now searching the classifieds every day can be rather exhaustive....thus I have the first tool of the trade. The site I use is www.riverofguns.com this site searches tons of forums for you. As long as you know what you are looking for. 

So lets say that you have been dying to get a....rangefinder, well you just type it in and boom, you have results from many many forums. Now this tool becomes truly powerful when looking for very specific items. But be aware of how old posts are, it gets annoying when someone emails you about a long dead post. Riverofguns has been a great tool for me to quickly compare prices, as well as rapidly find items that I have been looking for on forums that I may not frequent, and I hope it helps you too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author