Gun Gadgets: Dandy Electric Powder Trickler


I hope to update this site often some of my favorite products. The first product that I would like to start with is the Dandy Electric Powder Trickler. This product is made by a great gentleman in Mesa, AZ. 
On the market today there are a great many powder measuring and dispensing devices. The most popular are devices that measure and dispense. Like the RCBS Chargemaster Powder Dispenser/Scale. 

These devices let you enter in the desired charge (number of grains), and then dispense and measure the powder. While I think this fits the needs of many shooters, the accuracy of the loads dispensed is not quite up to par for me. I will discuss that later. While the Dandy Trickler does take a little longer, the combination of speed, accuracy, and price point is impossible to beat. The trickler allows two different speeds of dispensing, using two buttons on the remote.
The speed of dispersion can also be adjusted using a rubber piece that can be moved up and down the dispensing tube. 


Closer to the hopper provides a slower flow, these adjustments can also be made for different types of powder, to achieve the ideal flow.
I usually first drop a large amount of powder that is near my desired charge and then trickle up to the desired charge, this has increased the speed of my reloading. While this method may not work for everyone, I have found it to be the most accurate and economical method of powder measurement available to date. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author